Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 and Compatibility View

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 and Compatibility View

We are working on a demo for a customer, and the lead asked me if I have done any code changes on the Opportunity OnLoad event, where i responded to no changes on the OnLoad event, after that I asked what was the issue and he just show me the following error message






I was looking at the Privacy settings that I just blogged about and was not related to that issue, also I check the settings for Internet Explorer in my case I’m using IE 10 and not the laters, so I change the Compatibility Settings and it seems that was the solution.


What are the Internet Explorer Compatibility settings and where to find them?
  • use the ALT key to get to the tool bar for IE
  • Select the Tools tab
  • Under the Tools Tab you can find the Compatibility View Settings like show in the following image



  • Click on the Compatibility View Settings
    • The following form will show to add the website


  • Click on the Add button to add the website
  • Also check the option with the message “Display all websites in Compatibility View”
  • Click on the Close button to complete the process

That seems to eliminate the issue with the Opportunity refresh behavior, however I seen some interesting behavior on other IE versions and it seems will not work for other versions like IE 11.


Hope this will help you to discipate some of the most common user distractions and support calls for the same IE behavior.


Please send me your comments and questions or other tips to eliminate some of these issues.

New Blog site post: microsoft-dynamics-crm-2013-and-compatibility-view

Abe.

No comments: